Friday, May 13, 2011

Kuch in the Kitchen

Mommy had a late pick up waiting at the post office (quite a task to get there as of late!) ... so I opened this special surprise a couple days after my birthday. Turns out it was another AWESOME gift from Aunt Annie! So cool. Daddy, can you help me put this on?

And now let's get to work ...






OK, that's enough 'pretend play' ... let's see what I can do in the kitchen.
I pulled my chair up to the counter and Mommy got me started with some raisins in a bowl. Then she left the kitchen to take care of my crying sisters.






When Mommy returned, I pointed to the salt and pepper shakers and made noises (since I don't like to talk much) to notify her that I had stirred in some additional ingredients!






She eventually got out a cinnamon sugar mix so I could continue cooking (and she could attend to my fussy sisters!). I knew just what to do with it ... even where to find more when I discovered I was left with an insufficient quantity!




Yeah, and this boullion cube looks like it belongs in the mix (after a shake of parsley, naturally).







By the end, I had whipped up a delicious concoction of raisins, salt, pepper, parsley, cinnamon, sugar, water, chicken boullion and a slab of butter. As with most of the other ingredients, the butter was a surprise to Mommy. She came around the corner to find me with a knife in hand, slicing off a slab of butter, just the way I see her do it when we cook together! Daddy and I put my 'dough' in the oven to bake while Mommy tried to put my sisters to bed. Overall, it was a great culinary experience with my new tools and my first time flying solo. :) Thanks Annie!

No comments:

Post a Comment